Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sketchcrawl: Venice vs. Venice

***Update*** I've joined other sketchers in Venice, California for 29th Worldwide Sketchcrawl - this time to sketch the cast of characters who hangs around the beach. You can take a look at new sketches at this blog post

===========

I thought it'll be fun to compare sketches I did in Venice, California a few weeks ago with sketches I did in Venice, Italy a few years ago. Venice, California is modeled after Venice in Italy - it has canals with boats and ducks, though buildings surrounding it are way newer than original Venice.

By the way, I don't know how to arrange the images so that they are aligned nicely on Blogger :-( so sketches might look jumbled on your end - leave me a comment if you know how to fix this....

Venice, California:












































Venice, Italy:




5 comments:

AFineLyne said...

Your wonderful Venice bridge looks very much like our bridges and old lamp posts here in Central Park. Beautifully done!

travelingsuep said...

Great comparison and beautiful paintings and drawings

petescully said...

Great sketches Shiho! Good comparisons. I really really like that bottom right one, the colourful one from Venice. Wish I were back in the Italian Venice sketching now, haven't been since 03.

chuchie said...

i love your style of drawing!!
is this your profession?

Shiho Nakaza said...

Thank you for your comments, everyone! I do get occasional jobs from my drawings, though I mostly sketch for fun!