Friday, December 19, 2008

IF: Voices























For Illustration Friday, "Voices":

I frequently sketch people doing everyday things, like having a conversation. When I was observing these two friends today, I was sitting close enough to hear their voices but too far to understand the words. It reminds me of how I prefer to watch foreign films with subtitles because I like to hear voices of the actors and their nuances and tone even when I don't understand the language.

Technical note: the yellowish cast is from the way my sketchbook paper scanned - I kept it because I like how it came out, especially gradation in the speech bubbles.

5 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

what a prefect sketch!!! It's like I can almost here them talking! Great work!

indigene said...

Oh, I like to watch foreign films for that very same reason! Cool sketch!

Juan said...

Great illustration!

Viv said...

Beautiful work, as always!

Sara said...

Very dinamic lines, great sketch.