Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sketch of the Week: A Highway with No One on It

This weekend was "Carmageddon 2", when 405 freeway was shut down between 10 freeway and 101 freeway for demolition work. This is a "2" because the freeway was shut down last year, too. I sketched the empty freeway last year, and I biked back to the same spot facing north on Sunset bridge to sketch it again this year.


I had time to sketch the view facing the south, too.


It still felt surreal to see this second time around: one of the busiest freeways in the nation standing open and empty with only an occasional construction trucks or two passing through.

1 comment:

Benjamin J. Melgares said...

As always impressive work comes from your way. I'm so glad I actually got to meet up and catch up with you in Santo Domingo. Keep the work comming.

Benjamin J.